( The Life and Work of Jack Cardiff.Collapse )
( The Great Train RobberyCollapse )
( A Trip to the MoonCollapse )
So, I haven't drawn in a long time due to getting ready for college and all but I found some free time today to start a new drawing. I wanted to work on more concept art for my novel but I decided to take a break. Feeling really inspired by queen_asante's Ed, Edd 'N' Eddy fanfic entitled Edd, Interrupted which explores more of the dark-side of the original 90's children's T.V. show, I decided to draw my favorite character after the Eds: Rolf, a farm-boy from Europe who speaks English in a thick northern European accent. As you can tell from my new icons, I currently got re-obsessed with this old stupid fandom of mine; if you aren't a 90's kid like me you probably don't know what it is let alone remember it although they still air re-runs of old episodes, I think. Anyhow, Rolf has always been my favorite Cul-de-sac kid, and he is the most 3-dimensional after the main characters. I personally think he is the best foreign cartoon character ever created. Danny Antonucci, the creator of Ed, Edd 'N' Eddy embodied a lot of himself in the character of Rolf, being an Italian boy growing up in Canada to immigrant parents.
Both the scan and the new LJ photo up-loader insults the Son of a Shepherd.
I'm not actually looking forward to this one at all. I'm still going to go see it, but I'm not saying I'm going to love it. And next year there's Monsters University.....*sigh*. HEADDESK.
Now I'm going to get on my MU soap box.
So the God-awful trailer was released. Whoop-dee-do, and Ooh-la-la!
Now that I'm FINALLY done with any immediate obligations to art at the present time, here is a plan of my future art projects from here on out. No, I don't really make actual ''plans'' for what I'm going to draw next, it's not like I take out my calendar and mark in advance, ''Okay, July I'm going to draw this, and August I'm going to draw this,'' no I don't work that way. By ''plan'' I mean that this is only a list that gives me some sort of ideas of what I have in mind for my future projects. That being said, this ''plan'', so to speak, is spontaneous and may or may not happen exactly as written. Some of the ideas on this list might happen next month or next year, or a few years into the future, it depends on how I feel. I never have an EXACT idea of what I'm going to draw next. I mean, sometimes I do, but whatever comes to me first and whatever feels right at the moment is the one I'm going to do next. I draw whatever I feel like doing first and then the rest comes later.
So here is a list of ideas I have in mind for my future art projects in no particular order:
1. Phantom of the Opera book/musical fanart- I did some in the past, and I have shared them and touched some of the old ones up, but I'm ready to add another twist to POTO.
2. Water for Elephants fanart -At least one drawing of Marlena and one drawing of August.
3. Wicked book fanart - I've been meaning to get to this in awhile. I did some fanart in 8th grade and will probably share it sometime despite how horrible they are, but I have some new ideas for fanart in mind. I will eventually draw Elphaba, G(a)linda, Nessarose, Boq and the other characters from the book, but because there is so much Elphaba and G(a)linda fanart on deviantART- mostly of the musical though- I decided I wanted to draw some of the book characters not in the musical first. Nor-Illanora, Fiyero's daughter and half-sibling to Lirr, Elphaba's son, is first on my list because she was always another favorite character of mine after Elphaba.
6. Neon Genesis Evangelion fanart- I never saw the anime and don't know much about it, but I have seen art of Asuka Langley Soryu on deviantART, and some drawings depict her with an eye patch. This made me curious enough to look her up and read about her on the Eva Wiki page and discover why she had an eye patch in certain fanart. Even though I never saw the anime, her character alone was enough to captivate me. The show itself isn't of my interest as I'm not really into sci-fi robot-fighting genres, but I do adore Asuka's character. She is very tragic and 3-dimensional, which is usually odd for anime female characters (most anime characters, not all, are pretty 1-dimentional and quite boring save for a few), so just reading about Asuka's character was enough to make me want to draw her. I also would like to draw Rei Ayanami even though she is not as fascinating as Asuka, but she's beautiful and mysterious.
7. Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister fanart- I finished the book awhile ago and loved the story and the characters as much as Wicked, so I would like to attempt the heroine Iris and the ''Cinderella'' in the story called Clara. I have yet to write a book review and post it, but stay tuned!
8. More concept art for my novel, Our Last Days as Children of Monsters- I started a few and have to finish them.
9. Whatever else comes to mind.
10. Oh, and before I completely forget, a quick request for
Okay, yes, I said before I was done with fanart for a few years so I could focus more on my original stuff, particularly concept art for my novel, but these are just some pieces I would like to attempt quickly, like maybe one or two for now, before getting back down to business. Currently, I started a small sketch of Merida from Pixar's Brave (no, I am NOT a fan of the movie but Merida's gorgeous red locks were too tempting to pass up, so yes. I'm following the trend and hopping on the red-head frenzy train).